Quake (PC) - Single-segment 0:13:46 - Connor Fitzgerald
Single-segment speed run of Quake on easy skill done on June 29 2005. Availble in 320x240 and 640x480 versions, in both Classic Quake and "Eye Candy" flavors, which uses a modified engine with a lot of graphical additions like colored lighting.
Run time 0:15:25Producer Connor FitzgeraldAudio/Visual sound, color
16 seconds faster than Martin's previous record.
Overall I'm happy with this. I only made a few small mistakes and the monsters behaived fairly well.
I thought I should list a few of the more frustrating ways my attempts at this run have been ruined:
- hit by a cthon ball on e1m7
- screwed up rocket jump across cthon on e1m7
- knocked into e1m6 lava pit by a mid-air lavaball, TWICE!!!!%^#@!
- blocked/killed by ogre at the button on e1m6
- failed to block the elevator on e2m5
- gibbed by fiend by the gold key door on e3m6
- killed/blocked by various monsters on e3m3
- killed/blocked by fiend on e4m3
...and the list goes on. So, yeah! I'm done with this for now. Hopefully you'll enjoy the run :)
connor_fitz ÀÒ hotmail.com
Converted to avi by Nate (classic) and Mathias Thore (EyeCandy).